AWE Tuning Audi A5 B8.5 2.0T Touring Edition Exhaust System
A5 Research and Development has yielded an exhaust and downpipe that is remarkably civil while idling / part throttle cruising, but unleashed at full throttle it produces what some have called a "war-cry wail." Sophisticated, refined, and powerful, all in one package.
- Featuring AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
- Crafted from mandrel bent T-304 Stainless Steel
- Dyno proven gains of +8-9 Horsepower and +6-7 lb ft of torque at the crank
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black Tips
- Engineered, developed and tested in-house
- Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
Making good, better
The stock exhaust system on a B8.5 A5 is full of crimped tubing that impedes exhaust flow and robs horsepower. The AWE Tuning B8.5 A5 2.0T Touring Edition Exhaust and Downpipe are designed using CAD modeling software to produce smooth gradual bends and to eliminate any interruption to the flow of exhaust gasses. Our improvements to the exhaust path result in gains of 8-9 horsepower and 6-7 lb ft of torque at the crank.
Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
As exhaust gases exit the 2.0L Turbo engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ in the tab above.
Additional sound level tuning
For the enthusiast interested in a more aggressive sound, we offer our Downpipe. The factory unit contains a fairly large straight through resonator. By replacing this large piece with a more compact but still straight through resonator, we were able to increase sound volume while adding a slightly deeper tone. Testing showed no power increase in adding the downpipe. It will mate to our exhaust system or any other exhaust designed to work with the stock downpipe.
Please note: This product cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
Options, Tips and Valences
AWE Tuning A5 Touring Edition Exhaust - Dual Outlet (One tip on each side of the car)
The dual outlet version of our A5 Touring Edition exhaust features two 90mm (3.50 inch) slash cut tips, located on each side of the car. Each tip is available in Chrome Silver or our recognized Diamond Black plating. The tips sport engraved AWE Tuning logos and are double-walled to ensure a mirror polish, even under hard usage. Each tip is individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste. This system will not work with the factory valence and requires the purchase of a conversion kit as follows:
- Non S-Line Cars: Order the Dual Outlet Bumper Conversion Kit - for Non-S-Line Cars, which comes complete with all of the bits and pieces required to convert your factory bumper to fit an AWE Tuning dual outlet system.
- S-Line Cars: Order the Dual Outlet Bumper Conversion Kit - for S-Line Cars, which comes complete with everything you need to convert your S-Line car to accept an AWE Tuning dual outlet exhaust.